Posted By D. Scott on September 3, 2012
If you live in a hurricane or flood zone, here’s what you should do to stay safe.
- Move to another location. Yes, sell your house and move to high ground.
Or if you can’t move keep the following handy:
- Canoe, kayak, raft, boat and personal floatation devices (PFD’s) handy
- Flashlights and batteries handy in your vehicles, house, office and pockets.
- CASH money, and, or small gold & silver coins
- First aid kit in your car, house, office and pocket
- Water supply for 5-7 days
- 30 Day food supply properly stored in dry location.
- Hand held radios for maintaining contact with family members
- Firearms and ammunition for defending against looters
- Portable generator and gasoline for electricity
- Family documents in a waterproof container
- Family Bible or Torah
Plan today. Don’t be a victim tomorrow.